First impressions are everything! Our Guest Services team represents the hotel to our guests throughout all stages of their stay with us by working with all hotel personnel to ensure every guest experiences superior customer care. Responsibilities include: registering guests, assigning rooms, accommodating special requests, and ensuring the guests have a pleasant stay and smooth checkout. Assists in administrative duties as they relate to booking, tracking, charging, handling, and inputting reservations.
In addition, the Guest Services Agent promotes organizational mission and goals, and shows the way to achieve them; influences others to act in support of ideas, programs, and causes while getting excited about and committed to furthering the organization’s objectives.
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Be familiar with current rooms available, as well as their location and layout, and room rates
- Coordinate room status updates with the housekeeping department by notifying housekeeping of all check-outs, late check-outs, early check-ins, special requests, and part-day rooms
- Maintain inventories of vacancies, reservations and room assignments
- Use effective sales techniques to promote rooms and other services available at the hotel
- Be aware of all daily activities and meetings taking place in the hotel
- Manage and resolve all guest complaints in a professional and courteous manner
- Maintain a highly professional appearance and demeanor
- Process reservations delivered by telephone, mail, fax, central reservations systems, sales office, and travel agents
- Participate in efficient pre-arrival, arrival, departure and overall experience for all guests
- Ability to answer all guest inquiries at Front Desk
- Responsible for cash float
- Present statements of charges to departing guests and receive payment
- Compile and check daily record sheets, guest accounts, receipts and vouchers
- High School Diploma required, Completion of college program or university degree in hospitality management is considered an asset
- Previous customer service experience, Front Desk experience preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team
- Experience handling cash and processing debit and credit card payments
- Intermediate level proficiency in Microsoft Suite (Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook) is required
- Computer literate in Microsoft Windows, Point of Sale applications an asset
- Experience using OPERA is considered an asset
There will be a combination of weekday and weekend shifts. Night shifts may also be required.
Carmen's Group makes certain there is an equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. Carmen's Group will strive to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources upon scheduling your interview.