We are seeking a confident, enthusiastic, and detail oriented individual to join our culinary team at Carmen's! As a member of our team of champions, you will gain meaningful work experience in a welcoming and exciting environment where we lead by example and work together to achieve results.
AS A PART OF THE CULINARY TEAM, YOU WOULD HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO:
- Ensure consistent food preparation and the highest caliber of food presentation, continuously striving for improvement
- Effectively communicate with all departments, specifically, Banquet, Bakery and catering staff
- Ensure the cleanliness and hygiene in the various kitchen areas including refrigerators and storerooms; ensure that food products are rotated to provide customers with the highest standard of freshness
- Supervise and participate in the production and plating of all food service areas
- Take proactive efforts to minimize waste and maximize quality
- Respond in a positive and timely manner to all internal and external requests, while meeting the Carmen's standards to exceed the clients’ expectations
- Maintain product consistency by conducting inspections of seasonings, portion, and appearance of food under the direction of the Executive Chef
- Conduct pre-shift meetings and review all information pertinent to daily business
- Attend designated meetings, events, menu and wine tastings
- Oversee food deliveries to ensure the products have been delivered and stored according to the standards set by provincial health regulations under the direction of the Executive Chef
- Completion of Apprenticeship Program - A Certificate of Qualification and Red Seal certification is considered an asset
- Extensive knowledge in Food Safety Standards and Guidelines, including safe food handling practices and certificate
- Minimum of five to ten years of experience in the food and/or hospitality industry, including experience with inventory, cooking temperatures, and time management
- Must be able to use basic math to calculate portions, develop recipes, and review invoices, variance reports and kitchen purchases, as well as maintain cost of food percentages
- Vast experience with kitchen equipment including, but not limited to: bakers oven, mixer, robot coupe for processing foods, steamers, convection oven, breadcrumb grinder, meat grinder, and various knives and mixing / blending equipment
- Intermediate level proficiency with Microsoft Suite (Microsoft Word, Excel) is required
Carmen’s group is an entertainment and hospitality company committed to creating extraordinary memories for our guests and clients. Driven by our passion, creativity, innovative thinking, and world class service, we have remained industry champions for over 35 years. We are committed to enriching the lives of our guests through providing one of a kind experiences at each of our venues including Carmen’s Banquet Centre, The Best Western Premier C Hotel by Carmen’s, The Lakeview by Carmen’s and the Hamilton Convention Centre by Carmen’s. We are devoted to bringing excitement to Hamilton and Southern Ontario, and to enhancing the image of Hamilton with every strategic initiative we pursue.
Carmen's Group makes certain there is an equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. Carmen's Group will strive to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources upon scheduling your interview.